понедельник, 24 августа 2015 г.

Topic: ”Music in our life”


Objectives:
-     to activate lexical materials;
-     to summarise the knowledge which had been got at the previous lessons;
-     to form ability to make presentation;
-     to control the ability of speaking and working in pairs, groups;
-     to develop the skills of listening, reading and writing through the interactive methods;
-     to develop intellectual and creative skills.       
Equipment: pictures, cards, CDs, pupils’ presentations, tables.
Procedure
I.   Greeting
T: Good morning pupils. How are you?
Are you ready to start our lesson with a poem?
Ps: I talk too much. I laugh too loud.
I know too little. I am proud.
I’m into this. I’m out of that.
I underwork. I overeat.
I’m sometimes late and not too neat.
My hair is short. I’m a kind of light.
But I’m still living – everything is all right.
T: We are glad and happy and we must do everything to make other people glad too. Let’s share our love and friendship with everyone.
Ps: (one after another): I love you N. and I send you my love and friendship.
II.                   Warming-up
III.                The main part of the lesson
1. Brainstorm
T: What words do you associate with the word “music”?
 










2. Put the words in the correct columns. Then add more words of your own to each column.
Guitar, jazz, trumpet, guitarist, rock, drum, violin, rap, pop star, piano, country, harp, lover of music, saxophone, flamenco, classical, trombone, composer, musician, singer, producer, rock’n’roll.
Types of music             Instruments                              People
 ------------------             ---------------                            ----------
3. Speaking
T: Where can we hear music?
Can you think of a single day without music?
So, music helps us to live. Famous people offer us quotations about music. Let’s read and translate them.
P1: “Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”. /Platon/
P2: “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life”. /Bach/
P3: “Music is the universal language of the world”. /Longfellow/
P4: “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent”. /V. Hugo/
T: Give me your own definition of the word “music”.
P1: Music is really good medicine for people.
P2: Music helps us to live more easily and interesting.
P3: Music reflects people’s mood and emotions.
P4: Music helps us to dream about our future life.
P5: Music is the mirror of our lives and life problems.
T: Let’s sum everything up: what music means for you.
4. The survey at school ( project work)
T: Different people like different music. The scientists say that they can define your character if they know what music you like. The power of music. What is it? Our pupils interviewed people of different ages. They will introduce the results of the interviews. P1. We interviewed people of our school. The questions were: do you like music? What is your favourite kind of music?
1. Schoolchildren at the age from seven to nine like pop music and classical music.
2. Schoolchildren at the age from ten to thirteen like pop, classical, rock and metal music.
3. Schoolchildren at the age from fourteen to seventeen like rap, rock and pop music.
4. Teachers like bard, classical folk and pop music.
5. Listening
T: Look at the photos. What instruments can you? Use the Key Words: clarinet, double bass, drums, flute, guitar, piano, saxophone, trumpet, violin, trombone.
Look at the Key Words and read them: classical, flamenco, house, rap, rock, jazz, rock’n’roll, salsa, country and western.
a) Listen to the five musical extracts and complete the table.
Style of music
Main instrument


b) Tell about your favourite and least favourite types of music using the adjectives: emotional, serious, beautiful, touching, sad, relaxing, simple, boring, romantic, music of young people, cool, hard to listen to, pleasant, energetic, aggressive, affect the nervous.
с) What instrument can you play? What instrument would you like to play?
d) Make up the dialogues.
P1: What music do you like?
P2: I’m crasy about pop music. This melody makes me feel better and you?
P1: I prefer rock music. This style of music arises positive emotions in my soul. And do you like rock?
P1: No, I don’t. In my opinion, this style of music is hard to listen to. This rhythm affects my nervous.
P2: Tastes differ.
6. Project work (group work)
T: I agree with you. Tastes differ. And now it is time to listen to your projects “My favourite style of music”. It was your hometask.
Group1
Let me introduce our group. We are fond of jazz. Jazz was created in the United States by black Americans. It is a mixture of many different kinds of music. It is a combination of the music of West America, the work songs the slaves sang, and religious music. Jazz bands were formed in the late 1800-s. Improvisation is an important part of jazz. Jazz became more and more popular. Today people all over the world play jazz. People who like jazz always remember American jazzman Louis Armstrong.
Group2
We want to tell you about classical music. I find classical music relaxing. This music has been living for centuries. It is heard in every corner of our land. Some people simply don’t understand classical music, but it has a deep intellectual appeal and it creates a special spiritual world for the listener. When I listen to the light classical music as to “Seasons” by Tchaikovsky, I enjoy this classical music. I think we must be taught not only to listen but to understand, which is more important. I like to play classical music. This music makes me feel like dreaming.
Group3
We are going to tell you about rock. It is a real music! As for me I prefer rock all the year round, because it can express all kinds of my mood. I can find a firm support in rock. Within this music I feel strength and stability. Rock music or rather rock’n’roll, appeared in the 1950-s. The first rock music is connected with the names of Elvis Presley, chuck Berry, The Beatles , The Rolling Stones and some others. The 70-s were the time of revolution in rock music. Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep told the world about the beginning of new era of hard rock. I’d say that, of course, tastes differ and everybody is fond of particular genre of music. But I’m mad about rock.
Group4
We are going to tell you about folk music. This music lives on for centuries. Every nation has its own national music and dance ensembles and choirs. The British are very fond of their folk music. They held special Folk Festivals, where the young can learn about their national culture and folk music. Ukraine has also its own national music, Ukrainian folk songs. I like to listen to these songs because it is interesting to learn about the past.
Group5
I love pop music. It’s unusual and exciting and it’s the way of sharing all our hopes and fears. I like to know more and more about popular talented groups and singers I like. I think that only talented people can claim to be singers. As for me I like new rhythms, I prefer pop music. Pop music unites teenagers all over the world and make us feel a part of global family. We can hear this music every day and everywhere. I think music is our life, it helps us to live, and it makes our mood.
7. Physical activities
T: Look at the screen. You can see different pictures here. One picture is extra picture. Listen to different kinds of music. What object does the played music associate with. So, you are in the world of music. Close your eyes, relax and listen to it very attentively.
P1: The first musical extract associates with a baby.
P2: The second musical extract associates with a fairy tale.
8. Reading (work in groups)
IV. Evaluation
T: Now let’s sum everything up. You were superb at the lesson. Your marks.
V. Hometask
 T: Write an essay ”Music in my life”.
And I want to say: “ Remember, music is magic! It’s the source of inspiration. Let music always be with you as the universal language of the world”


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий